So if you’ve been following my blog you’ve seen some of my trials with the Russian Hat – and then my eureka moment yesterday.
I’m very lucky to have shared this journey with Louise – on the other side of the world in Melbourne!
The post yesterday showed an unfinished hat – modelled by a balloon. This morning I’ve finished it – I’m full of cold, but it needed doing…..
For this one – I’ve done leaves based on this pattern, but I’ve joined them using chains to get the length. They are made with my favourite yarn – Yarnart Begonia and a 2.5mm hook.
The roses are a kind of made up pattern (different yarns and hook sizes to get the variations).
DC in the 2nd chain from the hook, skip a chain and DC in the next one and repeat.
The for the pink one I think I did 6DC in each hole.
The white ones – SC, HDC, 3 DC, HDC, SC in each hole and then sew together! and directly on the hat! I’ve added beads rather than buttons this time – just for something a bit different.
It’s Saturday – so my model is home and I’m willing summer to come so
1. she can wear these hats, and
2. I can take some photos with a more interesting colourful background in my garden!